Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Do Chua

this radish is a bit big. it's all i could find.

behold - the daikon radish! yum. so, now that i'm getting the hang of making kimchi, I had to find out how to make those delicious, sweet, & tangy pickled radishes. of course, I didn't know what they were called, but i just discovered Mokofuku for 2 (now I have to buy that cookbook and make ramen broth!). upon seeing this post, i learned that the thing i wanted to make was called Do Chua and is Vietnamese (responsible for so much good food). So, i did a quick google search and the first result was an excellent recipe - which I followed and photographed.

radish rectangle.

first time i've julienned veggies.

kneading the veggies in salt + sugar to remove 1/4 of moisture.

veggies in brine - all done!

i ate some today and they lived up to my expectations. yum yum.

No comments: