Monday, July 18, 2011

Sitting outside on my deck - to my left, i'm listening to rap from a car speaker that neighborhood kids are chilling to. To my right, my neighbor is inside practicing violin. I really wish I would get it together and play an instrument, but my GRE is this weekend - so after that, I can make plans.
I feel a bit guilty as I haven't been taking photos lately - you haven't even seen my new house situation! but, I'll take some pictures soon. It's been a busy July ever since I returned from San Francisco, Michigan, & Minneapolis to Portland. I'm having a very different experience, this time around as a VISTA. Working at a relatively established non-profit in a city I'd lived in for several years versus a little grassroots non-profit in a new-ish city...
but, whenever it feels overwhelming and I miss Michigan, which indeed I do, I remember that I am pretty much creating a brand new garden based community program. A thing I would be mad envious of someone else if they told me that was their job. And thus, my motivation and clarity returns. It helps me to remember that, even only 4 weeks in, with slower progress than I am use to, I'm walking the right path.

No comments: