Wednesday, September 21, 2011

post-birthday purchase, lingering wants

I've been thinking over birthday purchases all month. Though I haven't cleaned and gotten rid of stuffs, I am trying to invest in objects that will age with beauty and character. My dream is to one day have the perfect pared down collect of things; no wants or needs to purchase more. It's a long shot.
I'm quiet obsessed with the paperback Moop bag in brown waxed canvas. It's a hefty price tag of $170 + $10 shipping. But each bag is handmade and from a company that I would like to support. If I buy this bag, I can just not buy another bag in the foreseeable future, period. Also, without letting it go for a bit longer, like half a year, to see if I still want it - it's hard to tell if I'm not just craving the instant satisfaction of a new thing.
So, today, I finally did purchase the red Poketo planner. A recent temperament/personality test I took, at work, told me I was likely a person with a pimped out PDA. haha, not quiet. But, I'm still an avid list maker - multiple lists a day!
I also bought the two BAGGU bags above. Alpacas for me, elephants for Ryan. And, I got the bamboo water bottle (or rather, Ryan got it for me). It's a bit heavy when carrying in a bag, but I enjoy my water much more from the glass bottle. I've also made sun tea in it twice! Yes, while we still have sun in Portland.

excitement! Steph + Willett are visiting this weekend.
Big plans of the Cougar hot springs, Polish Festival, free apple cider making workshop, hikes, and gluten-free fish fries!

No comments: