Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I really enjoy the few mornings during the work week when I have the chance to bike to the library or walk to the coffee shop for breakfast. It was sunny and beautiful today, after a weekend of impending grayness and chills.
It's been a good week, maybe by default because I spent the later half of last week sick with the stomach flu. So everything is nice and fun because I'm just happy to not be throwing up, ha. But more so, it's quiet Fall like, the air smells like it. My favorite season. Apple picking, bike rides, chai tea, pumpkin patches, corn mazes, hiking in mud, and lots of reading and knitting. I'm going to finish the hat for my grandpa, finish the leg warmers I started over several times, and learn to knit socks. I badly want to make this cardigan. It's a bit intimidating for a first sweater, but why not. I'll have to research the yarn I'd like to buy to knit it. Probably Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in Taupe.
Just started reading Guns, Germs, & Steel. Good so far.
Fall plans!