Monday, January 9, 2012

foggy morning.

Woke up at 6:15 am today! I'm doing an immersion class at Yoga Shala - so attending Vinyasa M-F every morning at 7:15 am. It'll be the first time I've had a consistent daily practice, which I find exciting. I enjoy being able to walk several blocks to class - I met the neighbor's chickens in the road exploring. Everything is still & mostly asleep at 7 - though I saw a lone pâtissier at Pix.
Our teacher plays the harmonium and we began with chanting/singing. It might sound a bit kooky, but is quiet effective at distracting the mind and bringing joy. The harmonium reminded me of the melodica - which Ryan got me for xmas. When I asked the internet what to play, the first thing was music from the Amelie soundtrack. So, that's what I do. Luckily, people have transcribed & shared sheet music.

No comments: