Thursday, February 2, 2012

fun experiment time!


I'm doing the No More Dirty Looks challenge. Essentially, picking 5 "clean" products and using them exclusively for 3 days. If you haven't been over to their blog, check it out! It's pretty interesting & I always have like 5 different tabs open of all the articles I want to read.

Initially, I spent an hour reading product recommendations and routines to find out what I wanted to try. Natural products can be a challenge for me; I'm allergic to Jojoba Oil and fragrances which seem to be in everything. What I found is that when I have money, I'll probably try out John Masters Organics (Linden Blossom Facial Cleanser, Green Tea & Rose Face Serum, Zinc & Sage Shampoo), Acure, and possibly SkinnySkinny Dry Shampoo. But, since I am saving my money, here are my 5 product choices:


01. DIY Lemony Mint Facial tone (recipe below)
02. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I keep this in a tincture bottle w/ dropper)
03. Aztec Secret: Indian Healing Clay Mask (I'm mixing in some green tea powder too)
04. Burt's Bees chap stick
05. Canus Goats Milk bar soap

So, check back in three days to see how it works out. I'll also post my daily routine, to give a sense of how I'm using these products. I'm gonna be trying the not washing my face thing.

---

Lemony mint facial toner

Ingredients:
1 peppermint tea bag (I used loose leaf Numi)
1/4 cup witch hazel (I used Dickinson's)

1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of boiling water

Preparation:
Steep tea in water for 10 minutes
Remove the tea bag and let cool
Mix in the lemon juice and witch hazel and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator
Storage in fridge and use every daily.

No comments: