Sunday, September 16, 2012

birthday peach cobbler w. cinnamon ice cream!

I always think I should post, but forget what I wanted to write by the time I do. I had a really nice birthday weekend. It was fun having my parents visit and being able to take them to some of my favorite places. Some new places we went were Mt. St. Helens in WA and Paley's Place for birthday dinner in PDX.



 I got a weather-proof, point & shoot Nikon camera - which the above fotos were taken with. Still getting a feel for it. Hopefully, I'll take it to the coast soon.
Pretty much all moved into the new place now. My desk is set up and I'm thinking more about decorating than unpacking boxes. While we're still having 80 - 90 degree days here, I'm starting fall habits. I'm finishing up the short-row sweater that I started in June, and already thinking about knitting these gorgeous mittens. I already know they'll go with my coat as I have the same one in the photo :) I've also been thinking about sewing more since I made the Wiksten tank dress. Using a pattern changes the whole experience! I don't have to make any decisions, just follow the instructions and I get an awesome dress at the end. Plus, I learned new techniques too, which is rad. I should probably do a post on these projects, as well as one on the place when it's looking nice. to do.

No comments: