Monday, June 7, 2010

light dinner and paper work by the window. I am settling into the house and the new work schedule. I will try to do at least one post a week.

working a 40 hour week is really tiring, but I am happy to be outside and useful. challenges so far, telling the leeks and onions apart as babies and keeping my shoes dry. actually, that has been impossible with all the rain. mudcakes, an inch thick, build up on my shoes after planting, weeding, or building raised beds. I'm sorta resigned to it, as I don't like biking in rain boots. things I have learned so far, a lot... how to plan a garden plot & stake it, make raised beds, a little bit about companion planting, what the heck a garden hoe is for, and something of potatoes. i have planted: potatoes, onions, leeks, and collards.

my job is, more or less, to tend to three donation plots and work on outreach in those gardens. two of those plots are located in Towar Community Garden. I hold hours there Monday evenings, 6 to 8P. and one plot at Airport Community Garden, which I am at on Wednesday 6 to 8P. aside from that, I have been painting a sign for Towar and did a little design on the Garden Project newsletter. I have successfully biked to work & not gotten lost! so, I'm gonna keep doing that. Non-work related, I went to Tai Chi at Hunter Park on Saturday at 10A. It was nice, though I wasn't very focused. And I found free yoga at Hilltop on Tuesday mornings. And that is my life. I garden, I eat, I sleep.

With these posts, I want to narrow in a bit more on specific experiences. it would be a big help if anyone reading this would ask me questions, as they occur to you.

among other things, i think i'll scan in my garden planning sketches. maybe they're interesting or make my babble less confusing.

I finished reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I liked it, a quick read despite its 600+ pages. I'll probably read Middlesex, Penguin Lost, or Peyote Hunt next depending on what's not checked out at the library.


half a baby melon. quick lunch, no one seems to eat at GP. I'm boggled.


butterfly at Towar. tried to free it, no success.

No comments: