Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hi friends -
I haven't been around here much. I went to Denver, then Michigan, then Canada. I've been back in Portland for 2 weeks now. So much is going on, and yet so little at the same time. Big things include - the house I'm living in was sold, we're moving! I'm awesome at doing unpaid work & have started 2 internships (1 garden, 1 UX design mobile apps). And, I'm still looking for any form of paid work, it's gorgeous outside everyday, and I've been digging carrot juice (i love having a juicer!).

Also, I've been getting tomatoes from the Blue Stupice since I've been back (08.10.12) and with lots of new fruit to come. They have such nice coloring and taste - lightly acidic, sweet, with a smoky finish. In other garden news, kale and chard are still going - I eat them everyday, it's awesome. Beans & peas are done. The pea plant dried up one particularly hot weekend (08.03.12) & the beans "went to seed." Rather, all the pods left on the bean plant were dry and ready for saving or rehydrating. I rehydrated them and ate them w/ a bunch of bulk black beans - yum.



No comments: